Saturday, April 6, 2013

40 Before 40 Update

I restarted the Couch to 5K (C25K) program on February 13, 2013. I've been doing the program
faithfully 3x a week since then.

Happy Birthday to me!
I decided that instead of waiting until I was already able to run a 5K to sign up for one, that I would go ahead and sign up for one ahead of time. So I found a Color Run in Indy in July. I figured that gave me PLENTY of time to train to run (okay really jog...who am I kidding) a 5K non-stop (goal 7).

But then I thought that also gives me PLENTY of time to procrastinate my training. So I decided to sign up for another 5K, even earlier, to give me a more immediate goal to work towards.

I chose the Hoosier Half-Marathon & 5K on April 6th.

Thursday was my 34th birthday. And while I'm not quite ready to jog the 5K without walking, I am excited that this is the first time that I've entered a 5K as a runner instead of a walker, and I fully intend to run more than half of it. And that is a start!

Superman is doing the half-marathon. Show off!



Update: I did it y'all! I finished in 44:33. I am not crossing it off of my 40 B4 40 list yet, because I didn't do it non-stop, and that is the goal, but I felt really good about what I did considering my training time so far. I'm looking forward to running even more of the next 5K!

Superman got a personal best for his half: 1:40:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment