Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday.

Superman's mom's birthday is on February 28 and my mom's birthday is March 2.  So this actually makes life very easy for me, because I generally come up with one grandma-centric gift idea and make/buy it for both of them at the same time.

And because their birthdays are so close to the beginning of the new year, it is a perfect time to buy calendars, since #1 they probably need new calendars and #2 most calendars have gone on clearance in February.

Five years ago, when Thing 1 and Thing 2 were just 6 months old, I started a tradition of making both grandmas personalized calendars for their birthday. I use Walmart.com to make these calendars, and this is why:

1. Five years ago they let me put multiple pictures into the month header page (most sites still limited you to one or two).

2. They let you upload pictures to put on the specific day/events.

3. They saved those days/events.  So next year, when I went back to make a new calendar, I was able to import all of the dates from the previous year.  And they don't just do a blanket import, they let you pick and choose which ones you want.  (This was really important since I don't need Superman's brother's birthday on my mom's calendar. Or my sisters' sons' birthdays on Superman's mom's calendar.)

4. They let you pick which month your calendar starts.  I usually buy a 12 month calendar that runs from March-February.

Maybe other sites (shuttefly, snapfish, etc) offer all of these options too now.  But I gotta say, now that I already have all of my dates saved in Walmart, it is just too easy to stay where I am.
Both grandmas love these calendars, and look forward to them every year.  But this year, when my mom called to thank us, she seemed especially pleased with her calendar.  When I asked her why, she said "You made me 10 years younger!"

Apparently when updating her birthday from 63rd to 64th, I must have typed 54th, because it says today is her 54th birthday.  Whoops!  I told her "if it's on the calendar, it must be true".  So I hope my mom has a very happy 54th birthday today!

1 comment:

  1. What a great present. I love that! : ) Very creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete